Call for Speakers
Deadline: Monday, October 17
Medtrade, in collaboration with the Educational Advisory Board (EAB), is announcing a call for speakers for the 2023 Medtrade Conference being held March 28-30, 2023 in Dallas, TX.
NOTE: This Call for Speakers format differs from previous years.
This new format has been developed to better address the hottest topics within the HME and medical supply industry and the needs of Medtrade attendees. The Medtrade EAB developed the following suggested categories for this Call for Speakers.
- Business Operations
- Contractor Updates*
- Federal Legislative and Regulatory
- Payer Relations
- Sales and Marketing
- State Legislative and Regulatory
Within each category are specific selected topics. These topics have a brief description and overarching objective that are to be used as both a guide and direction for the presentation.
*submit only if you are CMS or a Medicare Contractor – this track is only intended for DME MACs, CBIC, NSC, SMRC, and CMS
Submission Guidelines – please review thoroughly before beginning your submission
The Call for Speakers will close on October 17, 2022. We will notify the selected speakers by November 11. Faculty will receive a full complimentary registration to the conference.
- Please understand that this is not a call to propose a program. Instead, we are looking for speakers to present a specific topic listed within each category. While there is some flexibility in the specific content for the program, the content must adhere to the description and overarching objectives outlined.
- If there are additional topics that you believe should be considered, we encourage you to please submit your idea with a description and learning objectives for consideration.
- Submit your request to speak on time. Submissions will not be accepted after October 17.
- Use spell check to correct spelling and grammatical errors. DO NOT submit your proposal in all CAPS. Suggestion: create proposal in Word, spell check, then cut and paste into the proposal form.
- Plan your session content accordingly and keep in mind sessions are either 1 hour or 1.5 hours in length and should not be an infomercial. Use the title provided or adjust the title, still capturing the overall theme. The description provided should be used as a guide for the development of your program and be a minimum of 3-4 sentences. Please be specific to the needs of the HME and medical supply industry.
- Before submitting your session please keep the following in mind:
- Medtrade does not allow promotion of product and services. Please refrain from including any information related to your business in the presentation (unless you are presenting in the official Products or Services tracks).
- It is extremely important to come prepared to your session. A complete PowerPoint presentation with slides that support the topic being discussed is key for audience participation and understanding.
- Contests and promotions in exchange for product and services are not allowed. This includes, but not limited to: text, cell, phone, Facebook (or other social platforms or email) before, after or during your presentation.
- By submitting this form, you agree to conduct your presentation in a structured, informative manner.
- For every slide in your presentation, please use the Medtrade PowerPoint template sent to accepted presenters.
- Note: Although Medtrade will select individual and co-presented sessions, a good portion of our selected sessions will be panel formats. Therefore, we encourage you to form a panel (three or more panelists) to present the proposed program.
- Medtrade does NOT provide speaker honorariums or reimburse for speaker travel, lodging, or other incidental expenses. Travel and expenses are the responsibility of the speaker.