ATLANTA – The “friendlier format” at Medtrade Spring earlier this year will also be in effect at Medtrade, scheduled for Oct 26-29, 2015, at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta.
The altered format is specifically designed to minimize overlap between Expo floor time and valuable educational sessions. With this in mind, it makes sense to arrive in Atlanta on Sunday, Oct 25, to take full advantage of a packed Monday (Oct 26) which features several educational choices.
Those who want in-depth understanding in a multi-hour setting can choose to attend any of three six-hour workshops, or one Fitter’s Course (all scheduled for 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., on Monday, Oct 26. See details below on all four events.
Compression Therapy and Its Application in the Management of Venous Disease
Monday, October 26, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm – C208
Speaker: Judith Brannan, Associate Director of Education/Medical Affairs, SIGVARIS Inc
Approved for 7.5 credits through ABC and 7.0 credits through BOC
This workshop will cover the following objectives:
• Describe the anatomy & physiology of the venous system, including pathophysiology of venous disease
• Define Chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVI)
• Define Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
• Identify which Diabetic patient will benefit from graduated compression.
• Define Compression Therapy and its application in venous disease & treatment
• Describe indications and contraindications for compression
• Demonstrate proper measuring & fitting of compression garments
• Understand the role of a compression garment fitter
• Identify how to grow your compression business and merchandising
An Introduction to the Certified Durable Medical Equipment Specialist (CDME)
Monday, Oct 26, 10:00am – 4:00pm – C209
Speaker: Jeff Price, MP, Chief Operations Officer, Board of Certification/Accreditation (BOC), in collaboration with MED Group
The Certified DME Specialist (CDME) is a person who demonstrates broad knowledge of the DME/supply industry, including prescription verification, intake process, product selection, dispensing and setup, documentation, billing, compliance, and performance management. This workshop will cover the scope of practice for the CDME and prepare attendees to take the CDME examination. Discover the value of the CDME for facilities in a challenging industry climate and how to market the credential to customers, referral sources, and third party payors. Certified Durable Medical Equipment Specialist (CDME) Exam Participants can take the CDME exam at Medtrade on Wednesday, October 28 from 8:00-10:00 AM, for an additional $50 (If not participating in workshop, exam is $150). This price includes the application and exam fees. To qualify, participants will submit their application and documentation to BOC before taking the exam.
New Foundations, Unlimited Possibilities
Monday, Oct 26, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm – C210
Speakers: Dan Greyn, Senior, Systems Consultant; Gail Turner, Senior Systems Consultant; Joe Simanton, Senior Product Owner; Cole Helmer, Support Specialist, Computers Unlimited
TIMS software from Computers Unlimited is an all-in-one solution for patient intake, claims processing, document management, business intelligence, asset control, financial management and more. During this workshop, attendees will learn about new and innovative capabilities available in TIMS.
• Start the intake process the right way with in-bound document routing and imaging tools
• Extend the power of patient intake with user-defined workflows and customizable forms
• Simplify complex payer billing requirements with a powerful new billing rules engine
• Gain complete control over the documentation and authorization requirements of payers, physicians and patients with a flexible document management system
• Utilize dynamic work lists to super charge business processes and employee productivity
• Measure business and employee productivity with customized reports and Excel pivot tables
• Realize new levels of asset control with the industry’s most comprehensive rental equipment management system
• TIMS has gone mobile! Utilize IPad and Android tablets for your medical delivery needs
• Reduce delivery costs with Roadnet Technologies’ real-time dynamic routing capabilities
• Drive new efficiencies for your sleep business with web based CPAP compliance tools
• Gain insight on how your unique business requirements can be addressed through using TIMS and CU’s application development resources
Mike Sperduti’s HME Sales Excellence Training
Monday, Oct 26 | 10:00 am – 4:00 pm – C211
Speakers: Mike Sperduti, President and CEO, Emerge Sales, Inc
Mike Sperduti has developed the most intense and powerful sales training program our industry has ever seen. For the First time ever at Medtrade, Mike will teach you his step by step sales process that will show you exactly what you need to do and say to meet your sales quota, income goals and serve an abundance of new patients. Register today and you will learn:
• How to turn a medical facility that you have no relationship with into a referring account in 4-6wks
• The most effective Sales and UpCare technique that will immediately increase your new patient referrals and revenues. (This one strategy will pay for your entire Medtrade experience including airfare. Hotels, meals and fun!)
• How to skillfully handle and overcome objections like “We are happy with our HME current provider” or “It’s the patient’s choice”
• Proven relationship building strategies and conversational talking points that you will put in “your own words” to be brilliant during every customer conversation- from your first meeting to getting you first patient
• How to handle the referral source who plays games with you and NEVER refers a patient
• How to make the closing process easy, effortless and never pressured
• How to win friendship and influence with all gatekeepers
• A guaranteed way to grow your business and win new customers and patients!
This workshop will be a defining moment in your business history and career. You are going to learn and train with the best of the best. This will not just be a bunch of slides and notes. You’re going to participate in an interactive and intense experience that will guarantee you take your game to a new level of professional selling! Seating is limited for maximum value, so register today.
View pricing information here:
HME Voice is Back on Aug 20
ATLANTA – Powered by Medtrade Radio and sponsored by Emerge Sales, HME Voice is back with guest Jeffrey Schwartz, executive vice president of Sales at Drive Medical. Schwartz is a principal founder of the Company, and served as the vice president of Sales at Diamond Medical and National Healthcare from 1987 until 1992. Schwartz eventually formed Jofra Enterprises Inc, a distributor of medical products, located in Mt. Vernon, New York, which was subsequently acquired by a publicly traded healthcare company in 1998. Host Mike Sperduti will host an illuminating discussion about the company, the state of the industry, and what it will take to succeed in the future. Listen live to HME Voice during the “third Thursday at 3:00” (Aug 20). Click Here to Listen live, or feel free to listen to the show anytime after it airs.
Early Medtrade Registration is Still Going
No, you did not miss the boat. Early registration for Medtrade, the Fall edition of the nation’s premiere HME trade show, is still going. The show will once again be held in its familiar home at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, from October 26-29, 2015.
“We are preparing to make this the best Medtrade ever for attendees and exhibitors,” says Kevin Gaffney, group show director, Medtrade. “If you are looking to save money, it pays to act now. You can save up to $75 on the Expo, and more than $200 on the Conference over later rates and/or day-of-show rates. Whether you are a regular attendee or considering your first trip, remember that demand for HME will continue to skyrocket, and we can help you succeed with relevant education and exhibitors.”
Click the link below to register for Medtrade 2015.