WASHINGTON, DC – The HHS Office of Inspector General (OIG) released their July 2019 Solutions to Reduce Fraud, Waste, and Abuse in HHS Programs: OIG’s Top Recommendations. This publication summarizes the top 25 unimplemented recommendations the OIG has made to HHS. The publication highlights OIG’s recommendation to CMS to periodically review replacement PAP supply claims. This recommendation came from OIG’s June 2018 report that found 86 of the 110 PAP replacement supply claims did not meet Medicare requirements. Due to these findings, OIG recommended CMS to not only conduct periodic reviews but to also take action on suppliers that consistently submitted claims that did not meet Medicare requirements.
Honor a Colleague in the Homecare Sector
Nominations for the 2019 Van Miller Homecare Champion award are due this Friday, August 23. Send your recommendation for a colleague to be honored at the Stand Up for Homecare reception at Medtrade for:
1. Longstanding record of service within the homecare community;
2. Embodiment of the spirit of caring and generosity which are the hallmarks of this profession;
3. Active membership and engagement in the American Association for Homecare.
This award honors individuals with an outstanding record of accomplishment or leadership in various aspects of the business of HME and the care that is an essential component of it. Nominations can be submitted to Sue Mairena, firstname.lastname@example.org. Find the nomination form here (MS Word) or in PDF format.
Latest Word on State Policy and Sole Source Issues
AAHomecare members are invited to join an August 26 webinar on developments in state-level policy issues, including an update on efforts to address sole-source arrangements in several states. McKesson is hosting this event for their customers and has opened it up for any other HME suppliers who would like to attend.
Laura Williard, vice president of payer relations for AAHomecare will lead the session covering:
- Significant state legislative updates that impact the HME industry
- State sole sourcing updates
- Wins the HME industry has realized over the last 12-18 months
- How those industry wins came about
- Recommendations on what HME providers can do today to help shape the industry in their state
Date: Monday, Au 26, 2:30pm — 3:30pm EST
There is no charge to attend this webinar. Find complete details on how to register here.
Limited Space Still Available for the Bid Smart Summit
August 27, 2019 – 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sheraton Dallas Fort Worth Airport Hotel
Don’t miss your chance to engage with bidding experts just three weeks before the bid window closes for Round 2021. A limited number of seats are still available for this perfectly timed educational opportunity!
Our industry experts will also show how to use specially developed calculator tools and share other insights, tips, and strategies to help you #BidSmart in Round 2021. This session will give you a chance to ask – and get answers to – your specific questions about the program.
- Cara Bachenheimer, Head of the Government Affairs Practice, Brown & Fortunato
- Kim Brummett, Vice President Regulatory Affairs, AAHomecare
- Mark Higley, Vice President Regulatory Affairs, VGM Group, Inc.
Cost: $99.00 – Register Here. Space is LIMITED; register today! Find hotel info here. Visit DMECBPEducation.com for more resources to help you #BidSmart in Round 2021!