LAS VEGAS – The new year is officially in gear, and Medtrade Spring is the place to keep the momentum going, or in some cases, get the momentum going. The three-day show is scheduled for Feb 27-March 1, 2017, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, and it comes at the perfect time for providers looking to recharge their business batteries with new products, education, and inspiration.
Medtrade organizers are making the show even more engaging this year by revamping the educational session structure to maximize attendee exposure to great ideas, and to better hear the illuminating conversations that add value.
“The overall number of sessions has been cut down to allow for more focused sessions that boost networking, and help to avoid too many competing sessions,” says Kevin Gaffney, group show director, Medtrade Spring. “The increased energy in the room will allow for even better collaboration. We are even pondering new seating arrangements in session rooms to foster better audience/speaker engagement and discussion.”
Particularly on day one (Feb 27), educational opportunities are expanding thanks to in-depth workshops, and the co-location with the Environments for Aging Expo. Workshops at Medtrade Spring offer intensive, full-day training from exhibiting companies. A workshop can be added on to the Expo or Conference Pass registration.
The following workshops will be offered on day one (Feb 27) of Medtrade Spring.
• 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM – Optimize Brightree, Optimize Your Business
Advanced review of the many tools, reports, and features that are designed to manage all aspects of the business.
• 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM – Red is Not the New Black
Commercial payors and even many Medicaids have been adopting Medicare’s policies and cutting the reimbursement rates. With these recent changes, DMEPOS suppliers are faced with changing their business models.
• 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM – An Introduction to the Certified Durable Medical Equipment Specialist (CDME)
The Certified DME Specialist (CDME) is a person who demonstrates broad knowledge of the DME/supply industry, including prescription verification, intake process, product selection, dispensing and setup, documentation, billing, compliance, and performance management. This workshop will cover the scope of practice for the CDME.
• 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM – Exclusive Event! HME Sales Training & Certification
HME Business Growth Expert Michael Sperduti is leading The New Era of Healthcare Sales with the most intense and powerful sales program the industry has ever seen. Go to www.medtradespring.com for full details on all the educational sessions, networking events, and exhibitors at Medtrade Spring.
Click Here, or copy and paste the the link below to register for Medtrade Spring.
Co-Location with Environments for Aging
EFA is produced by Emerald Expositions, which is also responsible for Medtrade and Medtrade Spring. EFA has been a primary resource for architects and designers whose focus is creating functional and attractive living environments that meet the needs of an aging population. Under the new arrangement, the events will take place side by side, from Feb 27–March 1, 2017, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
“Anyone who attends this co-location will get an amazing perspective on the available products and services for our aging population,” says Gaffney. “EFA is a comprehensive three-day learning experience, where attendees can network with peers and learn about the latest innovations in senior-friendly design for long-term and residential care settings.”
The Environments for Aging Expo & Conference (EFA) offers the latest strategies for creating functional and attractive living environments that meet the needs of an aging population. EFA is a comprehensive three-day learning experience, where attendees can network with peers and learn about the latest innovations in senior-friendly design for long-term and residential care settings.
Medtrade Spring attendees with an Expo or Conference pass will have access to the EFA Expo floor during show hours. Medtrade Spring attendees with a Conference Badge (not Expo) will have access to six specially selected EFA sessions. Click Here to see the sessions.
Best in Caretailing with Product Awards and Hundreds of Exhibitors
Last year, Medtrade Monday readers got a closer look at all the recent Medtrade 2016 award winners. The following is a recap of all the winners, and the finalists, many of whom will also be attending Medtrade Spring.
“I encourage readers to take a look at these products and see if they might be a good addition to their offerings,” says Gaffney. “If you missed these at Medtrade last year, another opportunity to see the best products in person is coming soon at Medtrade Spring.”
The top three vote getters in the biannual Innovative HME Retail Product Awards, sponsored by HomeCare Magazine, were:
1) MyPainAway Fibro Cream from Topical BioMedics. MyPainAway is an odorless, grease-less cream that brings a soothing combination of natural biomedicines to rapidly relieve Fibromyalgia pain.
2) The SoClean® 2 CPAP Sanitizer (also known as SoClean®) from So Clean is described by marketing director Jessica Cormier as “the world’s first automated CPAP sanitizer, and is the faster, easier, more effective way to clean CPAP machine equipment.”
3) The Tour (Walker) from Motivo is a walker/rollator that provides greater independence, ergonomics, and personal style.
The eight finalists (in alphabetical order) for the Innovative HME Retail Product Awards were:
1) Freedom CPAP Battery from Battery Power Solutions
2) Handy Cane from Handy Cane by Most Corporation
3) KT Flex Reinforced Adhesive Strips by KT Tape
4) Motivo Tour (Walker) by Motivo
5) Go-Chair from Pride Mobility
6) PrimeMedic from PostureMedic
7) SoClean from SoClean Inc
8) MyPainAway Fibro Cream from Topical Biomedics
The New Product Pavilion Providers’ Choice Awards (sponsored by HomeCare Magazine)
* Providers’ Choice Gold Award went to the StandUp Walker from Urise Products.
* Providers’ Choice Silver Award went to the Handy Cane from the MOST Corporation.
* Providers’ Choice Bronze Award went to the Avid Rehab Vector Power Chair from Merits Health Products Co Ltd.
* The Creative Concept Booth Award went to Stander Inc for its formal red carpet theme designed to celebrate the Utah-based company’s new Signature Life products.
* The Best Booth Award went to ResMed for its dramatic lighting, creative spacing, and large-form lifestyle murals/digital displays that showed products in action.