LAS VEGAS – Like so many successful inventions, EZ-Step Mobility Inc (Booth #145 at Medtrade Spring), offers a simple solution to a real problem.
With the stability of a quad cane, the Portable EZ-Step from the Florida-based company makes stairways accessible for people who have difficulty ascending or descending stairs. EZ-Step will be showing its mobility equipment at this year’s Medtrade Spring, scheduled for Feb 29-March 2 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
“It’s very simple, there are no moving parts, and it’s user friendly,” says John Stocker, owner, EZ-Step Mobility Inc, Oviedo, Fla. “I got a call this morning from a woman who was literally crying because it was the first time she had been back upstairs to her bedroom in six months.
“She had been sleeping on the couch and could not navigate the stairs,” continues Stocker. “The EZ-Step lets people get up the stairs, go back to church, and go where they want. The Portable EZ-Step can also help people navigate curbs, sidewalks, swimming pools, and even walk-in tubs.”
The EZ-Step features:
• a 4-point base of strong, lightweight ABS plastic measuring 3.5 inches (8.9 cm) high, 9 inches (22.9 cm) wide and 9.25 inches (23.5 cm) long and weighing 2 pounds (820 gm);
• an offset, ergonomically designed handle for greater stability;
• comfortable contoured soft rubber hand grip;
• slightly flexible base to be self-leveling and more stable;
• height adjustable from 31 inches (78 cm) to 40 inches (101cm) with detent button;
• easy use for either left or right handed people; and
• brass detent button for a long useful life.
“It is not a Medicare item,” says Stocker. “It is reimbursable from insurance companies as durable medical equipment. It is also suitable for today’s caretailing trend, because it certainly can be used to boost cash sales for HME providers.”
Use #MedtradeSpring16 for all show-related social media.