ATLANTA – Portable oxygen concentrators (POCs) continue to be a robust category thanks to financial advantages for HME providers and clinical benefits for patients. Interest remained high during October’s Medtrade show in Atlanta, with The FreeStyle Comfort Portable Oxygen Concentrator from CAIRE, Inc. earning Honorable Mention in The Retail Product Awards, sponsored by VGM Retail.
Barry Hassett (pictured left at Medtrade 2019), vice president, Global Marketing, has seen increasing demand for POCs with The Freestyle Comfort gaining momentum since its introduction in 2018.
“What’s truly unique about it is the ergonomic shape of the device, which we believe truly increases the comfort level of patients when they are actually wearing the device,” Hassett says. “This is a space that we continue to invest in as a company. We think there are opportunities to continue to improve the technology that’s being offered to patients, and continue to improve their quality of life.”
COPD patients are being diagnosed earlier in their disease states, “and those patients are typically healthier and want to remain more active.” Active and relatively healthy patients want to maintain their quality of life for as long as they can, and POCs are crucial to making that a reality.
“I think one misconception might be that all POCs are created equal,” Hassett adds. “For example, patients are often looking for the smallest and lightest device, but I think that it’s helpful if they consider the totality of features and benefits of particular devices.”
Key Features and Benefits of The FreeStyle Comfort Portable Oxygen Concentrator from CAIRE, Inc.
- ergonomic design for optimal comfort;
- up to four hours battery life with our standard 8-cell battery pack, and up to eight hours battery life with the 16-cell battery pack;
- delivers 1-5 pulse flow settings;
- maximum output of up to 1050 mL;
- five pounds with a small, compact frame;
- UltraSense®technology offers sensitive breath detection to ensure proper delivery;
- autoDOSE safety feature monitors and delivers oxygen when no breath is detected;
- easy-to-use interface;
- full color LCD digital display for easy reading;
- glow-in-the-dark keypad;
- wireless connectivity to CAIREviewTMtelehealth solution to stay connected to your provider;
- meets FAA guidelines for commercial air flights; and
- easy-to-carry with shoulder strap, carrying bag or backpack.